Projets-2016-2017-I-Greenhouse : Serre connectée aquaponie
- Nicolas PALIX
- Didier DONSEZ
- Charles MARCHAND (RICM4)
- Marion PELLICER (RICM4)
- 1 Subject summary
- 2 Materials
- 3 Repositories
- 4 Week 1 (January 9th - January 15th)
- 5 Week 2 (January 16th - January 22th)
- 6 Week 3 (January 23th - January 29th)
- 7 Week 4 (January 30th - February 5th)
- 8 Week 5 (February 6th - February 12th)
- 9 Week 6 (February 13th - February 19th)
- 10 Week 7 (February 20th - February 26th)
- 11 Week 8 (February 27th - March 5th)
- 12 Week 9 (March 6th - March 12th)
- 13 Week 10 (March 13th - March 19th)
- 14 Week 11 (March 20th - March 26th)
- 15 Week 12 (March 27th - April 2nd)
Our objective being to bind this technology to the agriculture and to the greenhouses aquaponiques so that the farmer can get back data which will help him maintain his plants as well as watch his fishes in our case
- You can find sources of this project at : https://github.com/stractus/I-Greenhouse-Aquaponie
- Full project (collaboration with Projets-2016-2017-Serres connectées) : https://github.com/igreenhouse
Week 1 (January 9th - January 15th)
- Discover the project.
- Project chose.
- None so far
Week 2 (January 16th - January 22th)
- Teamwork with Group work with the team in charge of the project on the Serres connectées being given that our two projects are very similar. I let you looking their form of follow-up if you are interested : Projets-2016-2017-Serres connectées.
- Contact Vincent HIBBON to inquire about the technical needs for a farmer.
- Phone meeting with Vincent HIBBON and collection of information.
- Brainstorming about project's goal.
- Testing our first arduino program.
- Define the characteristics of the software: how many bits of information is it necessary to send according to the taken measure ?
- Calculation of the time of emission which is allowed us + How many bits at the most ?
- We had thought of a notification's system in case of anomaly => What used method ?
Week 3 (January 23th - January 29th)
- Handling of the components available.
- UML definition
- Communication between our two electronic cards with simple program who simulate measures taken.
- Pycom firmware update doesn't work as expected.
Week 4 (January 30th - February 5th)
No time dedicated for the realisation of the project.
Week 5 (February 6th - February 12th)
- First approach of the LoRa pico-gateway
- Implementation of the first simple program into the pico-gateway
- Basic function for the LoRa pico-gateway following the official website help : https://docs.pycom.io/pycom_esp32/pycom_esp32/getstarted.html
- Visiting the farm with Vincent Hibbon, the farm owner.
- Long time dedicated to the understanding of the Pymakr IDE.
Week 6 (February 13th - February 19th)
- Communication between Pycom LoPy and Adafruit Feather 32u4 RFM95 LoRa Radio with simulated values.
- Codes are available on the repository : https://github.com/igreenhouse sections picoloragateway and endpoints.
Week 7 (February 20th - February 26th)
- We take time to follow a little bit the tutorial Developing IoT Mashups with Docker, MQTT, Node-RED, InfluxDB, Grafana.
Week 8 (February 27th - March 5th)
- Retieving data from sensors.
- The group in charge of the project Projets-2016-2017-Serres connectées draw a mock-up that we will exposed at the Eclipse IoT Day. More information about the event here : https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_IoT_Day_Grenoble_2017
- The mock-up's layout is available here : https://github.com/igreenhouse/Mock-up
- Going to the FabLab in order to carve the mock-up.
Week 9 (March 6th - March 12th)
- End the implementation of all sensors.
- Work on Grafana and the way to send data to the server.
- Retrieving data from DHT11 and I2C MPL115A2.
- Mid-project defense.
- Eclipse IoT Day !!! https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_IoT_Day_Grenoble_2017
Week 10 (March 13th - March 19th)
- End to the sensors.
- Work on Grafana.
- Participate at the Maker Faire of Grenoble 2017.
- All sensors were implemented.
- First step with Node-Red.
- Maker Faire !!!
- Node-Red on windows.
Week 11 (March 20th - March 26th)
- Have a feedback with Grafana.
We didn't do a lot. We faced some problems.
- We try to make Node-Red functionnal on Windows but we faced some problems with Serial Ports.
- Once on Linux, our connection with the LoPy didn't work very well.
Week 12 (March 27th - April 2nd)
- Ending points (end with Grafana).
- Prepare our future presentation.
- We prepare all documents for our presentation for next week.
- Grafana is finally functionnal !
- LoPy doesn't work very well so we decide to complete our project with 2 Adafruit Feather 32u4 RFM95 LoRa Radio.