Nunes thomas & Bidois Morgan
We are two engineering students of Polytech'Grenoble in 4th year, in RICM (Computer networks and multimedia communication) with a multimedia speciality. we have a weekly time slot of six hours dedidated of this projet during the semester (january to may).
Our projet is a part of the RobAIR2013 project.
The common projet
It's a common projet with two others establishments:
- ENSIMAG, an other Grenoble engineering shool.
- Superior Pole Design of Villefontaine.
RobAIR project proposes the development of a platform for a telepresence robot for teaching and ambient intelligence. It's a low cost robot (well below the maket price). This platform is extensible and open source.
Our sub project objectives
We are responsible in this projet to:
- The robot and the computer controller communication.
- The computer controller and tablets communication to delegate the control to mobile device.
- The tablet interface to controll the robot.
- Visioconferencing enter the robot and the controller.
- Jitsi: XMPP/Jingle for Visioconferencing.
- Android/JAVA for tablet interface.
- JSON/HTTP/Cometd to transmit command enter robot and the controller. (and websocket in place of Cometd, is it better ??? --Admin 22:12, 18 January 2013 (UTC) )
- 1 Intel tablet on Android.
- 1 other Intel tablet on Ubuntu for the robot (must turn on unix platform).
- 1 SmartTV to display the visioconferencing.
- 1 PC connected to the SmartTV.
Advancement of the project
The project start the 14th january 2013 and take place in Polytech'Grenoble.
WEEK 1 01/14 - 01/21
We choose and discover the project, objective and the organisation with others teams, cause roughly 20 persons works on this project (7 polytech electrical engineers, ~4 designers, 6 Polytech enginneers devloppers and others ~6 Ensimag enginneers devloppers). We share informations with others teams to co-ordonate our works.