- Jérôme Maisonasse
- Quentin DUNAND (RICM4)
- Elsa NAVARRO (RICM4)
- Antoine REVEL (RICM4)
Interactive terminal to welcome deaf or hearing impaired people. Transcription of speech into text. Allows deaf people to understand better the reception staff.
Week 1 (January 11th - January 17th)
- Discover the project.
- Contact Jérôme Maisonasse for more details.
- Project chose.
- None so far
Week 2 (January 18th - January 24th)
- Set up of logbook
- Precise the project ideas.
- List all the Web Speech API features.
- Project requirements (SRS).
- Brainstorming about project's goal.
- Define the features of the software : Does it has to provide a way to answer for the deaf person? => No
- Hardware choice (touchscreen or keyboard & mouse).
Week 3 (January 25th - January 31st)
- Settle a first draft using Web Speech API.
- UML Diagrams:
- Use Case
- First tests on Web Speech API.
- Getting to know Web Speech API.
Week 4 (February 1st - February 7th)
- Make an appointment with project tutors to show the first prototypes.
- Communication between two windows : simple recognition with start/stop and punctuation buttons.
- Use of Web Speech API features
- How to communicate between two windows.
Week 5 (February 8th - February 14th)
- Write appointment debrief.
- Note down all the mentioned functionalities.
- Appointment with project tutors to talk about the UI and the functionalities the application should offer. First demo.
- Design patterns.
- Assistance provided to the group working on the project "Sous-titre en temps réel d'un cours".
- Long term listening of the API.
Week 6 (February 15th - February 21st)
- Final sprint backlog (Item product backlog, Task, State => Slide 50 Scrum) => Sprint backlog meeting
- Report of the last week meeting.
- Scrum steps: Scrums documents
- Product backlog
- Users Stories - Summarize all the functionalities mentionned in the meeting.
- Set the correct priority for every task.
Week 7 (February 29th - March 6th)
- Begin to develop next features.
- Check out which tasks are limited by the API.
- Preparation for presentation.
- Choice for next tasks to complete.
- Start to develop a word's modification.
- Size option for the welcomed person's text.
Seems hard to realize due to the API limits :
- Modification list,
- Vocal modification of a word,
- Addition of specific words.
Week 8 (March 7th - March 13th)
- Make an appointment with the project tutor.
- Presentation with Didier Donsez and Olivier Richard.
- Developing of the modification of a word with keyboard.
- Reflection on administrator interface.
- Thoughts about the final UI.
- Using a database to add words to understand is not compatible with the API (Specific words can't be added in the comprehension, and so admin interface is not intersting anymore; and the autocompletion of a word is not possible the same way, because it would need a database).
- Vocal modification of a word: little importance due to the semantic distance that is way bigger, its priority goes down.
Week 9 (March 14th - March 20th)
- Check out what other limits are gaven by the API.
- Jérôme Maisonasse contacted.
- Complete SRS file.
- Begin to develop the impression option.
Week 10 (March 21st - March 27th)
- Welcomed people can point out a word that is misunderstood or mispelled.
- Add a history option.
- Impression option developed.
- How to implement the modification list.
- The API only returns the possible sentence at the moment you speak. For example for the sentences below, the API will return the first one, and you can access to the second one, but there has to be a treatment to detect that "William" matches with "I am" and "speaking" to "speak in". This problem makes the insertion of a list with other likely words for each word quite complicated.
"I am speaking to a computer" "William speak in to a computer"
Week 11 (March 28th - April 3rd)
- Make an appointment with Marie-Paule Balicco.
- Appointment with Jérôme Maisonnasse.
- Begin to develop the option that allows the welcomed person to point out a word.
- Try to figure out how to add a list below the words, knowing the issue mentioned before.
- Issues to separate the text result word by word and to reference to this word.
- When a word is pointed out with a tag, it is complicated to remove the tag once the welcoming person has changed the word.
Week 12 (April 4th - April 10th)
- Appointment with Marie-Paule Balicco
- Write report and presentation
- Work demo
- Final presentation